North End Neighborhood Organization (NENO) Refugee Outreach Coordinator
The North End Neighborhood Organization (NENO) works to serve, support, and promote our community as an equitable place for everyone to live, work, and play
The Coordinator will work in consortium with the Minnesota Council of Churches to provide social services and referrals to eligible refugees living in and around the neighborhood.
Bilingual in Karen/English, Ideally able to read and write Karen
Experience in working with underrepresented, minority and refugee communities
Computer skills, Microsoft Office, email, websites
Basic Data Entry Skills
Effective oral and written communication skills
Flexible Schedule-available to work some evenings and weekends
GED/High School Diploma
Outreach, Engagement and Client Service
Refugee Direct Service Duties
- Conduct intake and assessments to determine client needs and eligibility for program(s).
- Develop plans with program participants empowering them to reach agreed-upon goals and meet program guidelines.
- Provide direct assistance to clients based on program goals, client goal plans, and position work plan.
- Provide follow up services to ensure program goals and client needs are met.
- Make appropriate and meaningful referrals to meet client needs, as appropriate.
- Explain application procedures to individuals and/or assist participants to complete forms.
- Collaborate in planning and coordinating Jump Start cultural orientation classes
- Promote consortium programs to potential clients and recruit clients to meet enrollment goals.
- Meet outcome goals defined in RSS contract work plan
- Submit regular reports to track client outcomes, fulfill reporting requirements, and capture client success stories.
- Document all contacts and services in case files, as appropriate
- Attend Meetings, Trainings and Events as requested
- Work closely with District 6 and MCC colleagues to serve refugee clients
This position is 18 – 25 hours per week. The salary is $17.00 per hour.
Please send your letter of interest and resume by March 10, 2019 to:
If you have questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-488-4485