Ramsey County is happy to announce the new Landlord Assistance program to help keep landlords afloat and tenants in stable housing through this difficult time.
The Landlord Assistance program provides one-time assistance grants to landlords with properties in Ramsey County who have tenants that have been unable to make rent payments as a result of COVID-19.
Eligible landlords can receive up to $20,000 in reimbursement per rental unit for tenants’ missed rent payments and/or unpaid fees due to hardships caused by COVID-19 from March 1, 2020 through December 30, 2020.
Ramsey County is accepting applications through two rounds of deadlines:
- Priority deadline for small landlords (those owning no more than 50 units): Friday, Nov. 13.
- Final deadline for all other landlords, including small landlords that did not previously apply: Thursday, Dec. 10.
- Landlords can request an online application (fastest processing time) or mailed application by emailing email@example.com.
- Landlords can also apply using the fillable PDF attached.
A residential landlord is eligible to apply for a one-time assistance grant if:
- The property is located in Ramsey County.
- The landlord owns the property as of the date of application.
- The property is residential (mixed use properties will be eligible for residential leases only).
- The landlord is NOT a government entity or public housing authority.
- The landlord has not already received any COVID-19 relief funds in the form of a grant or forgivable loan exceeding $20,000 per unit on the application.
- The landlord has not received any other funding for the same expenses from other sources
- The landlord has written confirmation that tenants have had difficulty making rent payments as a result of COVID-19.
Learn more about eligibility and the application process at ramseycounty.us/landlord assistance.
Questions? Call Nabil at 651-266-4896.