The Sankofa Reading Program is a culturally-based, nine-week intensive reading intervention program for kids in grades K-5 that pairs tutors with students to increase reading skills, reading levels, and to build young scholars’ self-confidence and self-motivation in reading and learning.
Logistics for the Sankofa Reading Program:
- The series will run February 13 through April 12, 2023
- Sessions will take place three days per week (every Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday) from 6:00-7:30pm
- By registering for the series, students are committing to attending all sessions
- Registration is required, and spots are limited
- To apply, families should fill out an application (printed and fillable attached here) and return the completed form to Sankofa Manager, Jamie Carter (firstname.lastname@example.org). They can also return the applications to the Rice Street Library and staff can send the form to Jamie.
- Any families with questions about the program should be directed to Sankofa Manager Jamie Carter (email@example.com).