SPRWS is planning a construction project for this spring/summer that will affect Rice Street They will be doing water main replacement work along Rice Street starting on the north side of Cottage Avenue to Arlington Avenue West.
The Citizen’s League will be hosting two Community First Public Safety town hall meetings in April. Conversation at these events will focus on the draft recommendations of the Community First Public Safety Commission that convened last December.
Wednesday, April 14 from 7pm to 9pm
Saturday, April 17 from 2pm to 4pm
Those interested in attending can register here: https://citizensleague.org/projects/saint-paul-public-safety/saint-paul-community-first-public-safety-commission-town-halls/
The City of Saint Paul is seeking community input before introducing a Saint Paul Charter amendment to allow the city to use administrative citations as a tool for enforcement of city ordinances. The City is organizing brief information and feedback sessions online via Microsoft Teams to share details with community members on the proposed ideas and is seeking your input before moving forward.
Those interested in attending can follow the above links above to complete an RSVP form. Log-in information will be shared the day before each meeting with those who RSVP.
The City is proposing to use administrative citations for policies across multiple departments of the city, including:
Human Rights and Equal Economic Opportunity
· Enforcement of Earned Sick and Safe Time
· Enforcement of Minimum Wage
· Enforcement on Prohibition of Conversion Therapy
Department of Safety and Inspections
· Violation of ordinances regarding construction permits such as performing work without a permit or failing to close an open permit
· Complaints regarding proper handling of animals
· Response to complaints regarding zoning requirements
· Violation of liquor, tobacco, or automotive related business licenses
Office of Financial Empowerment
· Enforcement of relocation assistance requirements
Saint Paul Regional Water Service
· Unauthorized use of fire hydrants
· Performing plumbing services without a permit
· Unauthorized water shutoffs or activations
For questions regarding the meetings or to share comments, contact Mariam DeMello at Mariam.DeMello@ci.stpaul.mn.us.
For our Business Neighbors
There is a zoom scheduled meeting for Wednesday March 3, 2021 at noon. Senior Commander Jeremy Ellison and the Crime Prevention Specialist will be discussing how the department is preparing for possible civil unrest and tips for businesses.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 894 3285 8928
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,89432858928#,,,,*289544# US (Chicago)